Acupuncture treatment is an ancient healing art originating from China over 5,000 years ago. In ancient times, Chinese people learned that sharpened metal could relieve pain. After years of experimentation, it was discovered that certain points can be connected and related to certain diseases. That is how acupuncture points and meridian was discovered.
Today, a meridian – the energy channel where Chi flows, can be detected through the use of technology. A meridian has 12 standards and 8 extra channels on both side of the body, no matter what your age or race is, the map of energy flow is the same. The meridian system can only be found in living people. Once people die, the meridian ceases to exist.
By inserting hair-thin needles into specific areas of the body, the energy flow of the body can be dynamically balanced, thus giving a person a greater chance to maintain health. Certain hormones like endorphins will be released to give the body sense of well-being, similar to the feeling during exercise. Serotonin levels can be adjusted as well to relieve pain through the brain stem.
Benefits of Acupuncture Treatment
- Chi – The subtle energy which flows in the living body. Good Chi has a positive effect on health, bad Chi has a negative effect on health.
- Meridian – The energy channel where Chi flows. The body has twelve regular and eight extra meridians. Acupuncture works on meridians.
- Moxibustion – Burning the herb called mugwort on or over the skin. It works excellent to relieve chronic pain and soft tissue injury.
- Tuina Massage – Chinese bodywork. Hundreds of techniques can be applied to the muscle, joint or skin with hands or feet.
- Cupping – Glass, bamboo or plastic jar can be sucked on the skin by applying negative pressure to improve blood circulation.
- Three Edged-Needle Therapy Three Edged-Needle Therapy – The only effective way for chronic, tough conditions, best used to avoid surgery